PUBLIC OR PRIVATE?
What’s the difference between a Public and Private cloud? Can we use elements of both to create a hybrid Cloud solution? Will our data be safe in the Public Cloud?
Many businesses face these and similar dilemmas when considering the choice between Public & Private Clouds.
Both have their advantages & disadvantages, however, key factors to consider, include:
- Current usage patterns for applications
- Which applications need to be moved to the Cloud?
- What are the security protocols for these applications?
- What are your current service levels?
- Do you have to conform to any regulatory / compliance standards? e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley
- Do you want / require access to all the elements you put on to the Cloud?